Monday, March 5, 2007

Cars, Vegetables, and Tips

You know, there are crazy drivers everywhere. However, it seems like there are always local aspects of what laws or recommendations are ignored. In Alabama it appears that most of the cars are not equipped with blinkers. It's amazing, but I'm pretty sure that most cars don't even have them. They're like the stock cars of NASCAR, where they paint headlights on the race cars but they don't actually have headlights. I'm convinced it's the same with blinkers here.

The other thing I've noticed is that people here seem to hate vegetables....what do I mean by this? Well, in most restaurants it seems like no one has met a vegetable that can't be boiled to death. It must be a mission to boil all taste out of these wretched greens. Maybe they're just all British descendants.

While I'm bitching about things.....customer service in America has gone done the drain. I know this may not be a surprise to most of you but I feel like I've experienced a new low. I expect credit cards, banks, and telephone companies to tell me that they can't help me, it's my problem and to just put a sock in my own mouth and deal with it. However, it seems to me that in Alabama small businesses and restaurants haven't gotten the manual on how to impress their customers....maybe I'm just being absurd but why is every request met with a reaction like I had asked "Excuse me, could you run over to the next town, milk a cow, churn some butter and come back and spread it on my whole wheat muffin?"

It's not really that bad if I get to hike around through scenes like this:

No comments: