Saturday, March 31, 2007

Death and Taxes?

Maybe we've always been misreading that quote....

I'm beginning to think that it meant that if you kept doing your own taxes it will cause death by slowly confusing the blood flowing through one's veins causing it to flow only to one big toe and the left buttock. All of a sudden the brain is getting nothing...that is what I think is happening. Of course, its another case of our society setting up go-betweens and the government being all for it because its gets a crapload of accountants rich. It has to be a full-time job to actually know and keep up with the tax code. The government and their gaggle of tax cronies should be utterly ashamed...and I know that many will only laugh at me. However, in my mind, anyone in America, no matter what level of education, should be able to sit down and figure out their taxes. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying taxes, I just think it's ridiculous how difficult it is to figure out what amount I'm supposed to put on line 48 after filling out forms 6790, 8320, 2558, and multiplying the several of those by .26. Ah, the smell of bureaucracy stoking the fire with money while its trying to make money.

Excuse me while I go massage my big toe and left buttock in hopes of squeezing some of that blood back up into my brain.

No comments: