Sunday, January 21, 2007

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!

Well, I just returned from watching the Colts-Patriots game at a local sports bar. Remind me to reconsider that activity the next time it pops into my mind. On the way to the sports bar (which serves a full complement of food, mind you) I was reminded that it was Sunday. For those of you who didn't make the immediate connection....there is no sale of alcohol in the state of Alabama at any point on Sunday at any locality. Instead of a refreshing beer I had endless refills of Coca-cola.....so now I'm all amped up on caffeine and probably will have sugar crystals dancing in my head through the night. Now, I've lived in a few states that have archaic liquor laws but it's been awhile...apparently too long since it took an extended period of time (2.5 glasses of Coke) to get over my dashed hopes of a cold beer (or two) while watching the game.

At least I don't live in a dry county.

No comments: