Friday, January 26, 2007

Oh, the Joy of Public Radio

Last night I went to an evening celebrating the 25th anniversary of Alabama Public Radio. For those NPR listeners out there you'll think this was a treat. For those of you who have yet to embrace the world of public radio I certainly recommend it to you....you can find your local affiliate here. It was an evening where the interviewers became the interviewees....Robert Siegel and Debbie Elliot from the program "All Things Considered" spoke about their experiences and memories of how NPR has changed and changed their lives. I must say that as Robert Siegel talked about interviewing countless politicians who never gave a straight answer, he couldn't have been more clear with his answers. It was really impressive to hear them speak and to have them come to Tuscaloosa. Apparently Debbie Elliot got her start at the University of Alabama so it was sort of a homecoming for her.
The only downside was that I thought there was an outside shot for some cake. I was wrong.

As an aside I couldn't stop thinking about this poor little fella.

No comments: