Monday, June 11, 2007

Something in the Air??

A truck just drove by the house, making a loud noise, so I looked out the window. It was a pickup truck with a device on the back that was spewing out some kind of mist. The conspiracy theorist in me immediately came up with several possibilities.....1. it is a sedative based spray to keep the population from getting too out of hand, it has been getting hot here and I think statistics show (or at least movies say) that more crimes are committed when people are strained by heat. 2. There has been a toxic spill in the area and they are just spraying an anecdote that will heal all of us and then "they" don't have to say anything to the public. 3. it is a slow killer because "they" know that social security is going to run out.

Actually, it was suggested that it might be a mosquito spray. I guess it could be something helpful, but even if it is for the mosquitoes I don't really trust a random truck driving around spraying crap into the air in front of the house.

3 comments:

BrianR said...

then shouldn't they be spraying San Francisco instead of the South? :)

Madame Insomniac said...

OH my god - the same thing just happened to me. I just moved to Louisiana from Oregon, and your story was identical. We heard a loud noise so we looked out the window and saw this truck, spraying something into the air. Immediately I thought of V for Vendetta or Dark City...but I also remembered seeing these big nasty dead roaches on the sidewalk, so...I don't really feel good about that spray, either. My husband said "Well I'm sure it's SAFE, otherwise they wouldn't just be spraying it into the air." I really didn't even have a comment for that. I could have gone off on many tangents. SO did you ever find out for sure what it was? I jumped onto Google and searched for "Truck spraying something into the air" and your blog came up.

Unknown said...

Aye, these trucks make me a bit nervous, too. One's just driven by the house I live in on 13th avenue, spewing forth a thick, cloudy effluvium. I don't exactly feel safe with having pesticides sprayed directly at the room where I sleep.