Tuesday, May 1, 2007

House Buying

Becoming a homeowner was a recent and new experience....I'm sure many people have similar stories out there and I really can't add anything to the process but here are a few of my tidbits.

I don't know if it's normal for people to leave things in the house when they sell it, or at least not mentioning that they are going to leave "stuff", but that happened. At first, I felt like I had just gotten a bunch of new goodies. Then, reality set in and I realized that there was probably a reason that most of this stuff had not been thrown onto the moving truck with everything else. Oh well.

It is a slight insight into the life or personality of that person though.....these people were not friends of the penny. In fact, I think they hated the penny....poor little fella, here it is, the only coin of a different color, being mistreated because of its low standing in society....just thrown about with no regard. Maybe this could be a study of society, using coins as a pretext for social classes. That's another day. So I picked up pennies all over the place. My grandmother always said "Save your pennies, and the dollars will take care of themselves."....I think that was how it went.

The other thing is trying to figure out all the little things about the house. I think I know where at least sixty percent of the light switches are at the moment. It's the worst time to not know where the lights are located....there are boxes and the like stacked everywhere so it's not uncommon to be either checking to see if that toe still works that got caught on a corner or picking up the stack of things that I smacked over while looking for a light switch.

It's all fun though and its still at the point where I can say (in all seriousness) "It wouldn't be that big of a deal to take out that wall"....I'm sure that the naivete will wear off quickly.

No comments: